The highest performance model in this series (SA4, SA1.1. and SA5), the FASTCAM SA5 camera utilizes the same CMOS sensor with a 20µm pixel delivering an ISO light sensitivity of 10,000 (monochrome) and 4,000 (color), both measured to the published ISO 12232 Ssat standard.
Maintaining a square aspect ratio of 1024 x 1024 pixels for frame rates up to 7,000fps is extremely useful when the system is coupled to a microscope, borescope or when observing events such as combustion through optical access windows.
With the benefit of variable region of interest (ROI) to match the aspect ratio of the subject, the FASTCAM SA5 can capture images at a maximum frame rate of 1.5Mfps and a sub-microsecond exposure* eliminates motion blur.
Lenses designed for both FX (35mm full frame) and also DX (APS-C digital SLR) formats are fully compatible with the FASTCAM SA-4, SA1 and SA5 at full image resolution and these cameras are supplied with both C-mount and Nikon F mount lens adapters. The Nikon adapter is compatible with newer “G” type lenses that do not have a manual iris/aperture ring. An optional Canon EF lens mount permits control of the lens aperture and focus through our Photron FASTCAM Viewer (PFV) camera control software.
The FASTCAM SA4, SA1 and SA5 all connect easily to your laptop through the Gigabit Ethernet port, provide both dual composite video and HD-SDI BNC outputs and can be operated using the optional LCD keypad.
*1.5Mfps and sub microsecond exposure options subject to export control
- Image sensor Fill Factor 52%
- Image sensor full well 45,000e-
- Image sensor dark noise 38e- (at 21°C)
- Variable Region of Interest (ROI)
- Capture 12-bit uncompressed data
- Global shutter down to 369ns
- 20μm pixels ensure best light sensitivity for demanding high-speed or low light applications
- Equivalent ISO light sensitivity 10,000 (monochrome), 4,000 (color) measured to ISO12232 S sat
- Phase lock to IRIG/GPS
- Rear panel has dual HD-SDI and one RS-170 BNC outputs for real time monitoring during setup, recording and playback
- Optional remote keypad control with integrated viewfinder
- 8GB, 16GB, 32GB or 64GB memory options
- Gigabit Ethernet interface
- Range Version (RV) option with sealed case to prevent dust or moisture getting inside the camera case where it could damage the internal electronics.