The FASTCAM Multi is a unique high-speed camera system featuring one or two compact and lightweight, RV sealed camera heads tethered to a remote processor which can be located up to fifty meters away.
The FASTCAM Multi is ideally suited for test ranges and other applications which require high-performance camera heads to be precisely synchronized while being controlled remotely. The camera heads allow image capture in confined areas that are not large enough to support the size of a “typical stand alone” high-speed camera. The separation of the camera head from the processor ensures that image data is safely retained in the processor, even if the camera head is damaged or destroyed during an explosive event.
Despite the small size of its camera head(s), the FASTCAM Multi provides a very high level of imaging performance. The system offers up to 4,800fps at full 1280 x 1024 pixel resolution and 6,000fps at 720 High Definition (HD) resolution, and with reduced resolution to 750,000fps. A global shutter provides blur free 12-bit images with exposure times as short as 1 microsecond. The FASTCAM Multi’s CMOS sensor features 10 micron square pixels that deliver light sensitivity of ISO 10,000 monochrome and ISO 5,000 color according to the ISO 12232 Ssat standard.
The FASTCAM Multi is compatible with a large quantity of off-the-shelf commercial lenses, including C-mount, Nikon F (G-Type) and Micro Four Thirds (MFT) lens mounts, which provide full remote control of both focus and aperture. Due to the small (10μm) pixel pitch of the FASTCAM Multi’s 12-bit sensor, the camera is capable of utilizing 1″ C-mount lenses without vignetting. Its distinctive feature set makes the FASTCAM Multi well-suited for many different applications including microscopy, detonation and explosives testing, off board automotive safety testing and more.
- 4,800 fps at 1,280 x 1,024 pixel resolution
- 5,000 fps at 1,280 x 1,000 pixel resolution
- 6,000 fps at 1,280 x 800 pixel resolution
- 6,000 fps at 1,280 x 720 (HD) pixel resolution
- 10,000 fps at 1,280 x 488 pixel resolution
- 150,000 fps at 1,280 x 24 pixel resolution
- 750,000 fps at 640 x 8 pixel resolution
- Two compact and lightweight sealed (RV) camera heads: 69 mm
(2.72″)H× 70 mm (2.76″)W× 151.4 mm (5.96″)D and 0.98 Kg (2.16 lbs.)
- Sensitivity: ISO 12232 Ssat standard
- ISO 10,000 monochrome
- ISO 5,000 color
- Remote camera heads record to central processor ; 260 mm (1.024″) x 140 mm (5.51″) x 223 mm (8.78″) and 7.8 Kg (17.2 lbs.)
- 8GB, 16GB and 32GB memory options and high performance GigaBit Ethernet interface to PC
- Mini Display Port video output
Target applications include:
- Life sciences
- Digital Image Correlation
- Defense and aerospace research
- Fluid dynamics
- Material science