With four miniature cameras each less than one and a half inches (35mm) cubed delivering up to 2,000fps, the FASTCAM MH4 is ideally suited for on-board automotive and defense applications.
The cameras are connected to a compact processor unit via light-weight, flexible cables; the processor is complete with 30 minute battery backup and each channel is available with either one or two Gigabytes of memory. Data integrity is maintained even if power is lost or a camera head or cable is destroyed during or after recording.
The FASTCAM MH4 is engineered according to SAE-J211 for operation in the most challenging of environments and can withstand up to 100G shock in 6 axes. At 35 grams, the camera heads are lightweight enough to fit in almost any on-board location without requiring large and heavy supports. Monochrome or color camera heads are available in two different configurations (top or rear cable entry) with three different cable types so that cameras can be mounted in just about any configuration or orientation.
An additional high-G battery pack is available providing DC power for up to 1 hour and with the ability to act as an uninterrupted power supply unit (UPS).
A simple to use keypad with built in display is supplied to allow local positioning and focus of each camera head without needing line of sight to a PC screen. If a computer is to be used, the Gigabyte Ethernet connection make initial set up and image download a simple task.
- Small and lightweight camera head 35mm x 35mm x 34mm, weight 90g per head (excluding lense)
- Supports from one to four camera heads per processor
- High-G; 100G for 10ms in any axis
- 512 x 512 pixel resolution up to 2,000 fps
Reduced resolution up to 10,000 fps
- Gigabit Ethernet (1000BASE-T) interface
- Optional remote keypad with integrated 5” LCD video monitor for simple control of all functions and rapid switching between camera heads
- Optional Hi G battery pack for operation where external power is unavailable