The FASTCAM MC2 is an affordable high-speed camera specifically designed to provide production line engineers with the tools they need to be able to quickly locate and fix costly faults on the production line.
The FASTCAM MC2’s twin miniature camera heads (35mm or 1.5″ cubed) are connected to the processor via 7m (23 foot) flexible cables; their small size enables them to be easily mounted in confined spaces as found on a production line or behind protective screens or guards.
Following a fault the camera may be triggered by taking an output form the PLC connected to the TTL input of the camera or if the process is monitored by an engineer, the system may be manually triggered with a hand switch. Flexible cables; their small size enables them to be easily mounted in confined spaces as found on a production line or behind protective screens or guards.
Capturing with full resolution at 2,000fps the motion can be slowed down 80x with the option to reduce resolution and increase the frame rate to 10,000fps to investigate the fastest processes.
Gigabit Ethernet, or the option RS-422 remote control keypad with built in 5″ LCD display, make setting up the camera and downloading recorded high-speed videos easy an intuitive.
The FASTCAM MC2 is a powerful tool, especially given the pressure of maintaining optimum line speeds and efficiency in today’s ever more competitive world.
Two small and lightweight camera head types:
- Cube Cam: 35mm (1.38″) x 35mm (1.38″) x 33.3 mm (1.31″)
- Pencil Cam: 23mm (0.91″) x 23.2mm (0.91″) x 77.1mm (3.04″)
- 2,000 fps (frames per second) recording rate at full image resolution
- Rugged design for use in industrial environments. Remote camera head with 7 meter cable allows positioning in difficult to access locations
- Three model options (monochrome or color):
- Model 500: 512 x 512 pixel resolution at frame rates up to 500 fps
- Model 2K: 512 x 512 pixel resolution at frame rates up to 2,000 fps
- Model 10K: 512 x 512 pixel resolution at frame rates up to 2,000 fps and frame rates up to 10,000 fps with reduced image resolution
- 1GB (4 seconds recording time at 1,000 fps) , 2GB (8 seconds recording time at 1,000 fps) or 4GB( 16 seconds recording time at 1,000 fps ) memory
- Gigabit Ethernet control via Photron FASTCAM Viewer (PFV) software
- Optional handheld remote controller with integrated 5″ LCD monitor for simple control of all functions and viewing of live and recorded images
- High speed video can be synchronized with external analog data from load cells or accelerometers with optional DAQ