Such has been the demand for Photron's feature-rich FASTCAM Viewer (PFV) software for camera control, image review and presentation of high-speed sequences that we have decided to make it available directly from the Photron website.
For many years PFV has been the Industry's preferred camera control software and the recent option to operate with National Instruments USB-6251 BNC data acquisition (DAQ) module demonstrates our drive to support Photron users with technically demanding applications without restricting the distribution of this powerful software and also by including as standard the necessary drivers and documentation to operate state-of-the-art Photron high speed cameras, such as the FASTCAM SA-X, through NI's LabVIEW™ or MathWorks MATLAB™ software.
Our program of software development continues with the latest release of PFV - Version 3.3.7, the highlights of which are:
- Windows 8 compatibility (for Ethernet cameras)
- Synthetic High Dynamic Range (HDR) Mode
- Motion Detection through reference image subtraction
- Pseudo color assignment for a monochrome image
- Embedding of a user logo in a stored image sequence
- Pixel saturation warning feature
- Image overlay function
- Run multiple instances of PFV on one PC
To get instant access to these features and many more for your own Photron high-speed camera, then sign up to our support page and download Photron FASTCAM Viewer (PFV) version 3.3.7 HERE.
Photron - Performance without compromise